Rosemont Planning Committee Meeting Notes - June 24, 2017
- Big 10 Academic Alliance – Kim Armstrong, Rebecca Crist, Carolyn Walters
- FLARE – Ben Walker (Chair), Tabby Pursley, Judy Russell
- Scholars Trust – Mark Jacobs, John Burger, Cheryle Cole-Bennett (joining from the phone), Millie Jackson, Bonnie McEwan
- WEST – Alison Wohlers, Emily Stambaugh, Brian Schottlaender, Jay Starratt, Beth McNeil
Note Taker: Alison Wohlers
Date/Time: 6/24/2017, 9 AM – 10:30 AM (CST) - ALA Annual
Location: University Club of Chicago, Princeton Room
Call-in access provided
Continental breakfast provided
Discuss and ratify the Governance document
Deadline for submitting committee representatives--2 weeks
Review the Rosemont web site (www.RosemontSharedPrintAlliance.org)--any additional documents to be added?
John, Mimi and Judy to draft response, flip the script
- ILL: stating our current agreements/overlap, creating map between programs, BTAA willing to address internal policy around local use only
- access principles--5 bullet points (loan period, print loans, etc)
- last copy initiative
SCS meeting prep: 6/24, 3:30 – 5 (CT) at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place – Grant Park D Room: 2233 S. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Chicago, 60616 (https://mccormickplace.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html)
- Product concepts
- OCLC EMT feedback
- Organizing more regular Rosemont-SCS engagement: partnership or service? Scope and timeline?
- Update on Rosemont governance and membership, next items on our RoadMap
Hathi Trust written memo to OCLC (Mary Sauer-Games),
we don’t want to be charged to upload holding records for catalog records we have already paid for; needs to be part of the message today (if they don’t come back with the message that they are able to meet our requests from last meeting); OCLC doesn’t charge to register journal holdings, historically charged for shared print symbol but dropped that one year ago (barrier for some ASERL, WEST, others?);
Next phone meeting
- For the governance document: Concerning the Executive Committee, “Assistant Chair” is changed to “Staff to the Committee”. This individual will serve as Chair of the Operations Committee.
- Governance document is ratified and representatives may now be chosen.
- Each program chooses their own representatives (one representative for every 25 libraries in their program).
- Timeline: Two Weeks – Names go to program coordinators and then to Ben Walker who will post them to the Rosemont Website.
- CRL: Judy Russell, John Culshaw, and Mimi Calter will engage with CRL on their substantive questions and frame questions to clarify how CRL can support Rosemont.
- The operations committee will assist in gathering data needed to respond to CRL’s questions.
- SCS/OCLC: Rosemont representatives will have a conversation with SCS on June 24th, see what they have developed, and bring that information back to the Rosemont committees.
Ongoing Discussion Points:
- Statement of Access Principles
- Last Copy Policy/Broader Initiative
After the establishment of the Executive Committee; within the next month or so.