Rosemont Planning Committee Meeting Notes - June 12, 2017
Rosemont Planning Committee Conference Call
June 12, 2017, 3-4pm EST
Big 10 Academic Alliance – Kim Armstrong, Rebecca Crist
FLARE – Ben Walker (Chair)
Scholars Trust – Mark Jacobs, John Burger, Cheryle Cole-Bennett
WEST – Alison Wohlers, Emily Stambaugh
Note Takers: Cheryle Cole-Bennet and Alison Wohlers
- Committee meeting minutes will be posted to the Rosemont website on a regular basis.
- Alison will take meeting minutes with Cheryle as back-up.
- Mark will confirm process for uploading documents to the Rosemont website.
- Notes should be concise. Notes will reflect decision/action items and voting outcomes. When presenting voting items, group should review and approve prior to posting.
- Rosemont Operations Committee will meet at ALA on Saturday, June 24th, 2017 from 9:00-10:30am in the Princeton Room at the University Club of Chicago.
- Invitations will follow precedent set in previous meetings as the governing structure has not been ratified. Mix of deans and program staff.
- Ben reports on a call that members had with Bernie/CRL to talk about possible areas of collaboration/challenges – Ben will distribute those notes via email to the group.
- Changes to the governance document:
- “Co-chair” will be changed to “assistant chair.”
- Switch the document to letterhead.
- Ben will make the above changes and distribute to the group for discussion at ALA.
- Ben will set up meetings (every two weeks) to address foundational issues with the project roadmap (defining our terms and recommendations for how to accomplish listed tasks).
- Emily volunteers to help draft the last copy initiative.
- Rosemont will meet with SCS on June 24th, 3:30–5pm at Hyatt Conference Center. Topics for this meeting:
- General updates from both groups. From OCLC – what is their development timeline and cost model? What do they need from Rosemont?
- OCLC Executive Management Team feedback to SCS.
- More regular SCS/Rosemont interaction?
- Listserv management: develop the lists once the governance structure has been established and committee structure has been approved.
- There will be two rosters: operations committee and executive committee.
- WLRC will manage the lists.
- Ben will prepare a draft Rosemont report for PAN.