Rosemont Operations Committee - September 27, 2017
Rosemont Operations Committee Conference Call
September 27, 2017, 3-4pm EST
Big 10 Academic Alliance – Rebecca Crist
FLARE – Ben Walker (Chair), Tabby Pursley
Scholars Trust – Cheryle Cole-Bennett, John Burger, Mark Jacobs, Lars Meyer
WEST – Emily Stambaugh, Alison Wohlers
Regrets: Kim Armstrong
Note Takers: Alison Wohlers, Cheryle Cole-Bennett
- CRL Update
- SCS Webex Presentation for Rosemont Executive Committee (September 28)
- Susan and Matt are adding EAST information to the Rosemont Group’s Policies and Procedures Matrix. They will send this on to the Rosemont Operations Committee once complete (the Ops Committee will review and forward it to the Rosemont Executive Committee).
- Rosemont committees will meet in person on November 3rd, 2017, from 9am-2pm. Agenda is under discussion.
Discussions and Decisions
- Environmental scan of last copy agreements discussion (Materials: summary document)
- Last Copy strategic direction and key findings.
- Identify any policies that are missing.
- ALI (Indiana)?
- Confirm scope of a Rosemont Last Copy agreement.
- Decision: Rosemont shall aim for a very brief, simple agreement at an institution-to-institution level.
- Decision: Rosemont shall aim for a set of principles among institutions, similar to the Canadian approach (avoiding all of the library jargon and operational details – leave those as TBD).
- Ongoing Discussion: Shall an important element be to create an agreement that storage facilities who are able/willing to receive last copy backfiles can sign on to? There are two aspects to this: (1) Ops can provide criteria for a storage facility vs. in place retention (and make this mandatory or recommended); (2) Ops can help expose institutions that are willing and able to provide storage with particular environmental conditions.
- Decision: Emily will set up a meeting with Tabby and Alison in order to address all three of the above points as the Ops Committee has advised.
- Initial discussion of potential Rosemont Access Principles (Materials: PowerPoint presentation)
- The Operations Committee provided feedback and initial decisions on eight potential principles.
- Decision: Emily and Alison will take Ops feedback and draft an Access Principles document for further discussion next month.