Rosemont Operations Committee Conference Call
October 25, 2017, 3-4pm EST
Big 10 Academic Alliance – Rebecca Crist, Kim Armstrong
FLARE – Ben Walker (Chair)
Scholars Trust – Cheryle Cole-Bennett, John Burger, Mark Jacobs, Lars Meyer
WEST – Emily Stambaugh, Alison Wohlers
Regrets: Tabby Pursley
Note Takers: Alison Wohlers, Cheryle Cole-Bennett
- Susan Stearns and Matthew Revitt are finishing EAST’s additions to the Policies and Procedures Matrix; anticipated by the end of the week.
- Susan and Matthew have been invited to participate in the November 3rd meeting; one or both will join the group by phone.
- Matt Barnes has been invited to give an update from SCS during the November 3rd meeting.
Discussions and Decisions
- The Operations Committee acknowledges and thanks Emily Stambaugh for her work in the Rosemont Alliance.
- Decision: Ben will draft a resolution to recognize Emily, which will be submitted to the Executive Committee.
- November 3rd Agenda Planning
- The Operations Committee discussed items to be added to the agenda for the November 3rd meeting and logistical details, including the decision-making model.
- The agenda will include a Rosemont program update in addition to the other program updates.
- Program updates will include a very short program description and an outline of the program’s plans for contributing to Rosemont.
- Ben (as chair of the Ops Com) and Jay Starratt (as chair of the Exec Com) will lead the meeting.
- Members of the Ops committee will review the roadmap and send Ben three or four points to focus on for the near future (to be outlined in the Nov. 3rd meeting). Deadline: Friday, October 27.
- Members of the Ops committee will review the Access Principles v.2 and related decisions email; enter feedback in the email for distribution to the whole group. Deadline: Friday, October 27.
- The Operations Committee will try to meet once more before the November 3rd in-person meeting for additional agenda development. Tentatively, this is schedule for Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 3pm EST.