Rosemont Operations Committee Conference Call
November 1, 2017, 3-4pm EST
Big 10 Academic Alliance – Rebecca Crist
FLARE – Ben Walker (Chair), Tabby Pursley
Scholars Trust – Cheryle Cole-Bennett, John Burger, Mark Jacobs, Lars Meyer
WEST – Emily Stambaugh, Alison Wohlers
Regrets: Kim Armstrong
Note Takers: Alison Wohlers, Cheryle Cole-Bennett
Discussions and Decisions
- November 3rd Agenda Planning
- SCS: Matt Barnes will be giving an update (update and any discussion scheduled for one hour).
- EAST: Matthew Revitt and possibly another representative of EAST will be calling in during the meeting. Matthew will present some information about EAST’s membership and what they are trying to accomplish.
- Decision: The Rosemont Operations Committee will submit a recommendation to the Executive Committee concerning EAST’s participation in Rosemont; the Policy and Procedures Matrix, amended to include EAST’s information, will accompany that recommendation.
- Decision: The Access Principles draft will be sent to EAST.
- Decision: How the Operations Committee requests resources/support from the Executive Committee and the transition of Ops Chair from Ben Walker to Kim Armstrong will be added to the agenda.
- Decision: Program updates will be 2-4 minutes, include basic program information and some notes of how the program is thinking about engaging with Rosemont activities; slides will be sent to Ben by Thursday morning.
- Decision: The Operations Committee reaches consensus that the amended Access Principles and Last Copy Agreement drafts are ready to be presented to the Executive Committee during the in-person meeting.
- The Operations Committee reviews the Roadmap and discusses priorities for the next three months. Four emerge as potential points for focus and discussion with the Executive Committee:
- Developing communication between the Executive Committee and OCLC to clarify directions on journal analytics capabilities.
- Criteria and process for admitting new shared print program partners.
- Moving the Last Copy Agreement and Access Principles forward in the decision-making process (if approved by Executive, bring back to program communities, return to Executive for ratification).
- Defining new titles and basis for measuring growth and defining additional copies and basis for measuring growth in number of copies. Address whether dual commitments.
- Decision: CIC will be changed to BTAA in the Policies and Procedures Matrix.