Rosemont Operations Committee - January 3, 2018

Rosemont Operations Committee Conference Call

January 3, 2018, 1-2pm EST

On Call:

Big 10 Academic Alliance – Rebecca Crist

FLARE – Ben Walker, Tabby Pursley

Scholars Trust – Mark Jacobs

WEST – Ivy Anderson, Alison Wohlers

EAST – Susan Stearns, Matthew Revitt, Sara Amato, Mei Mendez

Regrets: Kim Armstrong, John Burger, Lars Meyer, Cheryle Cole-Bennett

Note Takers: Alison Wohlers


  1. EAST Update (Matthew)
    1. Libraries in the first cohort participating in EAST’s journal program have received their retention proposals (amounting to some 5000 titles).
    2. EAST has set a deadline of February 1st for receiving retention commitments from this first cohort.
    3. EAST will also soon be working on a proposal for another cohort of EAST libraries for journal retentions.
  2. Rebecca will present an update from Rosemont at the PAN meeting during Midwinter.
  3. ALA Midwinter Rosemont Meeting is confirmed for Saturday, February 10, from 8-10am.
    1. Agenda items to include review of survey results and regional approval of the access principles.
    2. Rebecca invites suggestions from Rosemont Ops for additional meeting topics.

Discussions and Decisions

  1. Decision Support Tool Survey
    1. Ops discussed the latest draft of the survey produced by Ben and Tabby with input from their assessment librarian. The group provided feedback and reached consensus on changes.
    2. Action: Ben and Tabby will edit the survey; Ben will circulate the resulting draft.
  2. Webinar and Q&A Session: Decision Support for Rosemont (January 17 and 25)
    1. Ops reviewed key aspects of the upcoming webinar and subsequent Q&A session.
    2. Invitations have gone out within the regional programs. The webinar and Q&A sessions are open to both institutional decision-makers and others affiliated with the shared print program. The webinar invitation requires registration; the following Q&A session does not. The webinar will be recorded and posted - no registration will be required to view the recording. 
    3. Action: Per the feedback during the test run on December 18 and in an effort to align the presentation with the survey, Rebecca will make edits to the slides and send to the Ops group.