Rosemont Operations Committee - August 30, 2017
Rosemont Operations Committee Conference Call
August 30, 2017, 3-4pm EST
Big 10 Academic Alliance – Kim Armstrong, Rebecca Crist
FLARE – Ben Walker (Chair)
Scholars Trust – Cheryle Cole-Bennett, John Burger
WEST – Emily Stambaugh, Alison Wohlers
Special Guests from EAST: Susan Stearns, Matthew Revitt, Mei Mendez, Sara Amato
Regrets: Mark Jacobs
Note Takers: Alison Wohlers, Cheryle Cole-Bennett
EAST Presentation and Discussion:
- Matthew delivers a presentation on EAST’s background and serials/journals work thus far. Slides are attached to these notes.
- EAST and Rosemont
- Susan and the EAST team will seek feedback from EAST’s Executive Committee and a consensus vote from EAST members. Potential EAST representatives for the Rosemont governance committees will be identified.
- The EAST team will add EAST information to Rosemont’s Policies and Procedures Matrix and forward that to Ben.
- Once Ben has received EAST’s additions to the Policies and Procedures Matrix, the Rosemont Operations Committee will produce a recommendation for the Rosemont Executive Committee.
- Emails to the Rosemont@wrlc.org address shall go to the Chair and Incoming Chair of the Operations Committee. It shall be the responsibility of the Incoming Chair to respond and/or to share with the Committee as appropriate.
- Kim (or Rebecca in her stead), as the Incoming Chair, will plan to present for Rosemont at the PAN meeting during ALA Midwinter in February.
- Ben updates Executive Committee terms, which will be posted on the Rosemont website.
- WEST/FLARE will begin environmental scans to development a Last Copy Agreement/Initiative, as well as a framework for defining new titles and a basis for measuring growth.
- Assigning access principles development.